Serena Jameka Williams holds the record for the most Grand Slams singles titles(23) winner in the Open Era. The American Professional Tennis became World No.01 for the first time on July 8, 2002, as a result of her powerful style of play. Serena Williams has won 73 WTA singles titles, Four Olympics Gold medals, and more than $92 million in prize money. Today, Serena is an Entrepreneur, an Investor, and a Philanthropist.
Serena Williams is an inspiration and an Icon of Success
Here are 23 Serena Williams quotes help you through hard times.
- “It doesn’t matter what your background is or where you come from, if you have dreams and goals, that’s all that matters.”
- “If Plan A isn’t working, I have Plan B, Plan C, and even Plan D.”
- You have to be fearless to have success.
If you smile, things will work out.
- “Success comes in so many forms, and it’s up to you to define what success means to you and what that means in your life.”
- “Family first, and that’s what matters most. we realize that our love goes deeper than the tennis game.”
“I am not a robot. I have a heart and I bleed.”
- “Your legacy is what you did with your life.”
- “Since I don’t look like every other girl, it takes a while to be okay with that. To be different. But different is good.”
- “I really think a champion is defined not by their wins but by how they can recover when they fall.”
- “If anything, you know, I think losing makes me even more motivated.”
Embed from Getty Images
Don’t let anyone work harder than you do.
- “Legendary? I don’t know. I’m just Serena.”
- “I think it’s a good example of a lot of other people who are playing tennis or going to school who want to do something. You have to work hard at it. Nothing comes for free.”
- “I’m an unbelievable designer.”
- “My school was really small, but I was called the Class Clown!”
“I’m so frugal, you wouldn’t believe it.”
- “Overpower. Overtake. Overcome.”
- “Venus told me the other day that champions don’t get nervous in tight situations. That really helped me a lot. I decided I shouldn’t get nervous and just do the best I can.”
If winning is God’s reward, then losing is how he teaches us.
- “If you can keep playing tennis when somebody is shooting a gun down the street, that’s concentration.”
- “I just hate to lose. When I am on the court, it is like my life depends on it.”
- “I think you should work on yourself until the day you die.”