The world has suffered financially due to the impact of a pandemic on the economy this year. COVID-19 has hardly hit sports industries as well. Especially, traveling sport tennis has affected in the last six months.
However, 20 times Grand Slam Champion Roger Federer became the top of the Forbes recent top ten highest-paid tennis players list 2020. Former world number one Federer did not play in the tennis tours since 2020 Australian Open semi-final exit. For this reason, Swiss has suffered a leg injury and he underwent surgery twice as well.
Besides, Roger is ranked number one in Forbes list for the highest-paid tennis player in the world with earnings of $106.3 million between June 2019 and June 2020. Federer has reached this milestone 15th time in the straight line. Earlier, he also listed top in the highest-paid athlete in the world.
Followed by Federer, Serbian Novak Djokovic has listed the number two highest-paid tennis player in the world. He earned $44.6 million, 72% of it from endorsements and appearance fees. Next, Spaniard Rafael Nadal held third place in this list with earnings of $40 million, 65% off the court.
Japanese tennis star Naomi Osaka ranked number four on the list with earnings of $37.4 million. After that, 23 times grand slam champion Serena Williams listed number five with earnings of $36 million.
Top 10 Players Name and Earnings:
- Roger Federer(Switzerland)- $106.3 million
- Novak Djokovic(Serbia) – $44.6 million
- Rafael Nadal(Spain)-$40 million
- Naomi Osaka(Japan)-$37.4 million
- Serena Williams(USA)-$36 million
- Kei Nishikori(Japan)-$32.1 million
- Ashleigh Barty(Australia)-$13.1 million
- Daniil Medvedev(Russia)-$11.8 million
- Dominic Theim(Austria)-$11.1 million
- Simona Halep(Romania)-$10.9 million